With the devastating hurricanes and storms we’ve already witnessed this season, it’s a good time to make sure you have the right flood insurance coverage. According to FEMA and the National Flood Insurance Program website:
- Floods are the nation’s most common and costly natural disaster, causing millions of dollars in damage every year.
- Homeowners and renters insurance, along with most business insurance policies, do not typically cover flood damage.
- Floods can happen anywhere – more than 20 percent of flood claims come from properties outside the high-risk flood zone.
- Flood insurance can be the difference between recovering and being financially devastated.
- The damage from just one inch of water can cost more than $20,000.
Ask your independent Motorists agent about flood insurance coverage through our brokerage, MCM Agency, today.